1 1/2 cup Coconut milk
3/4 cup Sugar
1/3 cup sweet Macapuno
1 cup toasted Ground malagkit or glutinous flour
1/2 cup Extra toasted glutinous flour for dredging
1) Put coconut milk and sugar in a saucepan, heat until the sugar is dissolved then add the macapuno strips, bring to a gentle boil.
2) Gradually add the toasted ground sweet rice while stirring using a wire whisk. The flour will absorb all the liquid and will form into a ball. Lower the heat and cook for about 5 minutes with continuous stirring. Turn off heat and let cool for about 10 minutes.
3) When the dough is cool enough to handle, divide divide it into balls.
4) Roll each ball on top of lightly oiled chopping board into a mini log until about 1 inch thick. Cut each log into 8 pieces.
5) Dredge it in toasted glutinous flour then wrap it in Japanese paper if desired. Enjoy!
**This recipe can make 32 small pieces.