Suman with Anis
1 kg Malagkit Rice
3 cups Coconut Cream (kakang gata)
1/2 kg Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Anis
1) Wash and soak the malagkit rice in water for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2) Transfer the kakang gata in a pan and let it boil under medium heat.
3) Add the malagkit rice, brown sugar and anis. Mix it continously until the malagkit rice is cooked and absorbed the coconut cream. Transfer in a plate and let it cool down completely.
4) Prepare the banana leaves and place it under the heat to soften the leaves and make it flexible. Set aside.
5) Once the rice has cooled down, scoop about 1/3 cup of malagkit and place it on banana leaves. Roll it in between the leaves to form a log and secure both ends and fold it. Continue the procedure until all the malagkit mixture is consumed.
6) Prepare banana leaves strips to tie the suman together. Tie 2 sumans together on both ends. Place in a pot.
7) Pour water in pot to cook the suman for 30 to 60 minutes depending on the size of suman.
8) After steaming, now ready to serve.