1/2 kg. Glutinous Rice, boiled and cooked
1/2 kg. Sugar
3 cups Coconut milk (or 2 cans)
1 cup Ube Haleya
1 small bottle Ube Flavouring
Ube Haleya for toppings (optional)
1) Cook the glutinous rice by boiling. Set aside.
2) Combine the coconut milk and sugar in a pan and simmer till the mixture thickens. Add ube haleya and ube flavouring, comtinue to simmer till the sauce thickens to syrup consistency.
3) Set aside about 3/4 to 1 cup of ube jam to use as toppings.
4) Add the boiled glutinous rice and stir continously till the ube jam is fully absorbed and the coconut begins to oil. This procedure will take about 20 minutes of stirring!
5) Once the mixture starts to stick to the pan and you are able to lift the pan while mixing, then it’s ready.
6) Transfer to a serving tray. Garnish with the ube jam we set aside earlier and optional toppings of ube haleya. Enjoy!