For the Pizza Dough:
3 ½ cups Plain/All Purpose Flour
2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
1 1/3 cups warm water (100-110F)
1 envelope yeast
1/2 cup Pizza sauce or barbecue sauce
1- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
any toppings of your choice like pepperoni,salami, bacon etc.
1. Add the yeast and sugar to the warm water and set it aside for about 5-10 minutes until foamy/bubbly.
2. In a bowl, combine the flour and salt and mix it well. Make a well at the centre and pour the oil and yeast mixture. Using a stand mixer with hook attachment, mix it well on a low speed for about 10 minutes or until it form a smooth dough.
3. After 10 minutes, transfer the dough in a clean floured worktop, knead the dough for a minute.
4. Cut the dough into two and form it into a ball. Grease 2 bowls with oil then transfer the dough into the greased bowl and cover it with a plastic wrap or warm moist cloth. Leave it in a draft free place like microwave or oven for and hour to rise.
5. After an hour, the dough should be doubled in size. Sprinkle flour onto a work top and transfer the dough. Flatten it using your fingers or rolling pin to your desired size. Sprinkle flour on the pizza pan then transfer the dough into the pan.
6. Spread the pizza sauce or bbq sauce evenly in the prepared dough. Then it’s now ready to do the toppings of your choice. Sprinkle a good amount of mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake the pizza on a pre-heated oven 400F/200C for 18-20 minutes.
8. This recipe will make two large pizzas. Enjoy!