150g All Purpose Flour
250ml (1 cup) Water
1 tbsp. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 – 3 tbsp. Oil
Oil for frying
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 tbsp. Cinnamon Powder
1 1/2 tbsp. Cocoa Powder
1 cup Milk
2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Evaporated Milk
1/2 tbsp. Cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp. Water
100g Choco Chips
1/2 cup Hot Milk
- In sauce pan, heat milk then add in sugar and mix until dissolved. Add cocoa powder and mix until smooth. Add in evaporated milk and salt. Add cornstarch slurry and mix it well until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Combine water and oil in a sauce pan and add 2 tbsp. sugar and salt. Bring it to boil. Then turn off the heat.
- Add flour and and mix continuously until it forms a dough. Add vanilla and mix again. Transfer in a piping bag with large star tip. Alternatively, use ziplock bag and cut 1 corner.
- Pre-heat oil in a pan. Pipe the churros about 4 – 5 inches into the pan. Cut the dough using a knife or scissors. Fry till golden brown. Remove from the heat and transfer in a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and coat the fried churros. Transfer in a plate, ready to serve with the chocolate sauce.
- You can also use Nutella as a dip, melt the nutella in a microwave.
- Or you can use 100g Milk/Dark Chocolate chips and 1/2 cup warm milk. Place the choco chips in warm milk. Leave it to melt. Mix it well and ready to use.