Choco Angel Food Cake
12 Egg Whites, at room temperature
3/4 cup Cake Flour
1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
1 tsp Instant Coffee Powder
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp Salt
1) Preheat the oven to 350F/175C. In a bowl, sift together the cake flour, cocoa powder and instant coffee powder, set aside.
2) In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites using a hand mixer or stand mixer till bubbly then add salt and cream of tartar. Beat on medium speed until the eggs whites are frothy.
3) Turn the speed up to medium high and start adding the sugar slowly continuing to whisk until the egg whites have reached stiff peaks.
4) Turn the mixer off and using a spatula, fold in the flour mixture and vanilla extract. When adding in the flour, add it 1/3 at a time and fold well after each addition.
5) Pour batter in an ungreased 10 inch tube pan (the 2 part pan) and run a knife through it to remove any air bubbles.
6) Bake for about 45 minutes or until it springs back to the touch. Immediately invert the pan onto a cooling rack or any kind of object that can hold the pan upside down.
7. Cool completely before removing from the pan.
8) Slice and serve on it’s own or with whipping cream.