For the Chocolate Cake:
1 3/4 All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 1/2 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda (Baking Soda)
1 tsp Salt
1 1/2 cup Sugar
½ cup Cocoa Powder
1 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
½ cup Vegetable oil
For the Flan:
1 big can Evaporated Milk
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
200g Cream Cheese
2 Whole Eggs
2 Egg Yolks
2 tsp. vanilla
For the caramel:
1/3 cup of Caramel Sauce or Golden syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 350F/175C. Grease a 10 inch bundt pan really well with non stick spray and place it in a large roasting pan, set aside.
2. To make the cake batter, in a large bowl, whisk together all of your dry ingredients and make a well at the centre.
3. Pour all the wet into the dry ingredients and mix well using a hand held electric mixer and set aside.
4. Spoon the caramel sauce into the bottom of your greased bundt pan making sure to cover the bottom well.
5. Add the cake batter on top of the caramel, smooth the top so its nice and even.
6. In a blender, add the evaporated milk, condensed milk, cream cheese eggs, egg yolk and vanilla. Blend until you have a smooth mixture.
7. Pour the flan mixture over the cake batter, cover the whole thing with foil.
8. Pour some really hot water in the roasting dish, enough to come up about an inch from the bottom of the bundlt pan.
9. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes, look to see that the top of the cake is firm.