1 3/4 cup plain flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa
1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup boiling water
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350F (175C). Prepare 9 inch round baking pan, lined with parchment paper, greased and dusted with flour.
2. Sift all dry ingredients and mix it together.
3. Combine all liquid ingredients together except for the boiling water. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the liquid ingredients.
4. Mix well using a wire whisk or hand mixer until well blended.
5. Add the boiled water and mix well.
6. Transfer the batter into the prepared baking tray. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 45 minutes. Insert a stick in the centre of the cake to test if it’s done. If the stick comes out clean then it’s ready.
7. Best serve with buttercream on top or Mascarpone cheese icing. Enjoy!
** For butter cream & mascarpone cheese icing recipe please click ATBP.