Cookies and Cream Cake
1 3/4 cup plain flour/all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa
1 1/2 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup boiling water
Cookies and Cream Icing:
500ml whipping cream
1 tub mascarpone cheese or soft cheese
5-6 tbsp. icing sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup Oreos, crushed
Few whole Oreos for decoration
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350F (175C). Prepare two 9 inch round pan. Line bottoms with wax paper; grease and sprinkle paper with flour. Set aside.
2. Sift all the dry ingredients and mix it well.
3. Combine all the liquid ingredients in a jug except for the boiling water. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the liquid ingredients.
4. Mix well using a wire whisk or hand mixer until well blended.
5. Add boiled water and mix well.
6. Divide the batter into two and pour it in the prepare pans. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Insert a stick in the centre of the cake to test if it’s done. If the stick comes out clean, then the cake is ready. Remove from the oven and transfer to wire rack to cool down.
1. Combine all ingredients together in a bowl then mix it using a hand mixer on a high speed till you reach soft peak stage. DO NOT overbeat it as the whipping cream will form lumps.
2. Mix the crushed Oreos and refrigerate for an hour.
3. Spread the icing on 1 cake and put the other cake on top like a sandwich. Spread the rest of the icing and decorate your cake with whole Oreos. Best serve chilled. I am sure you will like it.