1 3/4 cup plain flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa
1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup boiled water
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350F (175C). Prepare muffin trays lined with cup cake case. This recipe can make 24 cup cakes.
2. Sift all dry ingredients and mix it together.
3. Combine all liquid ingredients together except for the boiled water. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the liquid ingredients.
4. Mix well using a wire whisk or hand mixer until well blended.
5. Add the boiled water and mix well.
6. Put the batter in a jug as it will be easier to pour it into the muffin trays. Bake it for 23 min. Insert a stick in the middle of cup cake to test if it’s done. If the stick comes out clean then it’s ready.
7. Best serve with buttercream on top or Mascarpone cheese icing. Enjoy!
** For butter cream & mascarpone cheese icing recipe please click ATBP.