For the skirt cake:
You will need a deep bowl
375g self raising flour
375g caster sugar
3 tsp. vanilla
For additional round cake:
250g self raising flour
250g. caster sugar
Vanilla butter cream (see recipe on other link)food colouring
Regal ice/fondant icing
1. Prepare the baking pan. You will need a deep bowl like pyrex and an extra 9 inch round cake pan. Grease the pans well and dust with plain flour. Make sure that the pan is well coated. Pre-heat the oven 180C.
2. Use separate mixing bowl for the skirt and round cake. Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl until smooth. Transfer the batter into the prepared pans make sure you flatten the top. Bake the cake initially for 1 hour depending on the size of the skirt. Halfway through the baking, lower down the temperature to 150C.
3. Check the round cake after 30 min. Insert the stick at the centre, if the stick comes out clean, remove from the oven and let it cool down completely. Continue to bake the skirt and check it after an hour of baking. You may need to bake it for another half an hour until the stick test comes out clean. Again, let the cake cool down completely.
4. Once the cake is completely cooled down, wrap in a cling film and place it in the freezer for 30 min. This will firm up the cake eases when slicing it.
5. After 30 min. remove the cake from the freezer, slice the skirt into 3. Using a small round cookie cutter, make hole in the centre of the cake. Continue with the rest of the cake layers.
6. Spread the icing on each layer and spread thinly on the sides and inside of the cake as crumb coat. Place it in the. fridge for 30 min. for decorating.
7. Wrap the bottom half and the head of the doll with cling film. Flatten a small regal ice to about 2 inches wide, 4 inches length. Wrap it around the doll across the chest. Cut excess icing. Cut a V-shape along the cleavage and smooth it out using your finger tips. Design the top according to your desired design.
8. After 30 min. the bottom cake is ready or decorating. You can use the buttercream and finish it off by scrapping the sides with a parchment paper to smooth it out. You can also add the flattened regal ice to decorate the cake.
( see video)