1. Prepare 2 baking trays lined with parchment paper. Draw a mark at the back of the parchment paper using the 9 inch round pan. Flip the parchment paper over. Preheat oven to 150C/300F.
2. In a glass or aluminium bowl, combine egg whites and cream of tartar. Beat until it form soft peaks. Slowly add sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks and the mixture becomes glossy and thick. Fold in the cornstarch and vanilla (optional) carefully and not to over mix it so the egg whites will not deflate.
3. Transfer the meringue into a piping bag with big round tip. Pipe it around the mark on the parchment paper. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes depending on the thickness. (In my video I only baked it for 35 minutes because the meringue I made was thin). Once cooked, turn off the oven and slightly open the door. Leave it inside to cool down completely. This will prevent the meringue to crack.
4. Prepare the chocolate mousse according to the packaging instructions. Refrigerate to chill and set aside.
5. For the icing – transfer the chilled whipping cream in a bowl and add the icing sugar then mix it well. Using a hand mixer, whip the cream until stiff peaks and add the cream cheese (optional). Continue to whip till the cream cheese is well mixed. (be careful not to over beat it otherwise it will become lumpy). Refrigerate to chill for 10 minutes.
6. Best serve with cream cheese frosting. Enjoy!
1. Transfer the 1st cake on a cake board or cake platter. Scoop a good chocolate mousse and spread it evenly and sprinkle some chopped cashew.
2. For the 2nd layer, place 1 meringue on top of the 1st layer. Scoop a good amount of icing and spread it evenly on top of the meringue. Sprinkle some chopped mangoes & chopped and cashew nuts on top.
3. For the 3rd layer, use the 2nd meringue and and scoop a good chocolate mousse and spread it evenly and sprinkle some chopped cashew.
4. For the 4th layer, use the 2nd cake. Spread icing on top evenly.
5. Spread the icing around the cake but leave some icing for piping. Transfer icing into a piping bag with a star or rose tip. Pipe around the top of the cake for decoration.
6. Place the mango cubes on top. Then squeeze the chocolate syrup to pour around the cake. Refrigerate the cake at least an hour to chill before serving. Enjoy!