1x 9 inch round vanilla cake cut into 2
For the mousse:
1 packet gelatine powder (Knoxx or Dr. Oetker)
1/4 cup cold water
2x 300ml whipping cream
6 tbsp. icing sugar
1 cup mango puree
1/2 sliced in small bits (optional)
Mango slices for decoration
1. Dissolve the gelatine in cold water. Stir it well until dissolved. Let it sit for a minute.
2. Heat gelatine mixture for 20-30 seconds in microwave and mix to fully dissolve gelatine powder. When gelatine powder is fully dissolved, fold into mango puree.Set aside.
3. In a chilled bowl, pour in the whipping cream and add the icing sugar, mix it well then beat the whipping cream using a hand mixer on a high speed until it forms a stiff peak.
4. Fold the whipped cream into the mango-gelatine mixture and add the mango bits. Set aside.
5. Place the 1st half of the cake in a cake board, spread mango mousse mixture evenly. Then place the 2nd half on top to make a sandwich. Spread the remaining mousse evenly including around the cake.
6. Decorate the top with mango slices. Then refrigerate the cake in the fridge for at least 2 hours to give time for the gelatine to set.
7. After 2 hours, ready to serve. Enjoy!