1 3/4 cup plain flour
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 cup Milo
1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup boiling water
250g Unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup Icing Sugar
1/2 cup Milo
2-3 tbsp. Milk
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350F (175C). Prepare 9 inch round baking pan, lined with parchment paper, greased and dusted with flour.
2. Sift all dry ingredients and mix it together.
3. Combine all liquid ingredients together except for the boiling water. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the liquid ingredients.
4. Mix well using a wire whisk or hand mixer until well blended.
5. Add the boiled water and mix well.
6. Transfer the batter into the prepared baking tray. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 45 minutes. Insert a stick in the centre of the cake to test if it’s done. If the stick comes out clean then it’s ready. Transfer un cooling rack and let it cool down completely.
7. For the buttercream, softened the butter using hand mixer. Add the icing sugar and Milo and 2-3 tbsp of milk. Mix it well and set aside.Once the cake has cooled down, slice the cake through the middle. Spread a good amount of frosting on one part of the cake. Then put the 2nd part of the cake on top. Spread the rest of the remaining buttercream. Ready to serve.