2 1/4 cup cake flour
2x 3/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp salt
9 egg yolks
9 egg whites
2 tbsp. coffee granules dissolved in 3/4 cup hot water
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350F/180C. Prepare baking pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Sift the flour, 1 portion of sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix it well and set aside.
3. In 2 separate mixing bowls, separate egg yolks and egg whites.
4. Combine egg yolks, oil, and coffee. Mix it well using hand mixer and gradually add the dry ingredients. Continue mixing till the batter is smooth and lump free. Set aside.
5. In a separate mixing bowl. Beat the egg whites on high speed using a clean paddle. Once frothy, add the cream of tartar and gradually add the 2nd portion of sugar. Continue beating till soft peaks.
6. Fold-in the meringue and batter in three portions. Make sure not to over mix it or under mix it.
7. Transfer the mixture into the prepared baking pan and bake for 45 minutes or till the stick test comes out clean.
8. Transfer to wire rack and remove the parchment paper to cool down completely before spreading the frosting. Enjoy!