1 cup cake flour or self raising flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
5 large eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. sugar
1/4 cup warm evaporated milk
1 tbsp. coffee powder
1 tsp. Coca powder
2 tbsp. oil
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup icing sugar
2 tbsp. evaporated milk
2 tsp. Coffee
1 tsp. Cocoa powder
1. Line one piece 12″x16″x1″ baking tray with parchment paper. Pre-heat oven to 350F/175C.
2. Sift all dry ingredients and set aside.
3. Combine all liquid ingredients in a mixing bowl with paddle attachment. Mix at low speed until all ingredients are blended.
4. In a bowl with wire whisk attachment, beat eggs and sugar and mix for 1 minute at low speed.
5. Increase to medium speed and continue mixing for 3-4 more minutes until soft peaks form.
6. Decrease to low speed and fold dry ingredients for 8-10 seconds or until incorporated (don’t over mix).
7. Gradually add liquid ingredients and fold. (Do not over mix.)
8. Pour the batter unto the prepared pan.
9. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until an inserted cake tester comes out clean.
10. Let the cake stand for 5-10 minutes before placing it on a cooling rack. Peel off the liner once the cake is cool.
11. Spread mocha buttercream on top of the sponge then roll the cake. Place the rolled cake on a cake tray or plate.
12. Apply the rest of the mocha buttercream on the surface of the cake. Design your cake as desired. Use chocolate flakes or chocolate sprinkles.
1. Combine the warm evaporated milk, coffee and cocoa powder and mix well.
2. Place the butter in a bowl and cream the butter using a paddle attachment. Once creamed, add the icing sugar. Continue mixing till the icing sugar is dissolved and smooth.
3. Gradually add the liquid mixture and continue to mix on a low speed till the frosting is smooth.