Moist Carrot Cake
1 3/4 cup plain flour
3/4 c Brown Sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup Grated Carrots
1 1/2 tsp Sodium Bicarb
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp. Cinnamon powder (optional)
1 cup Milk
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
2 Large Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla
250g Unsalted butter, soften
180g Cream Cheese
1/2 cup Icing Sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350F (175C). Prepare 9 inch round baking pan, lined with parchment paper, greased and dusted with flour.
2. Sift all dry ingredients and mix it together.
3. Combine brown sugar, eggs and oil in a bowl. Mix it well using a wire whisk or hand mixer.
4. Add milk, carrots and dry ingredients.
5. Mix well using a wire whisk or hand mixer until well blended.
6. Transfer the batter into the prepared baking tray. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 45-50 minutes. Insert a stick in the centre of the cake to test if it’s done. If the stick comes out clean then it’s ready.
7. Best serve with vanilla buttercream on top or cream cheese frosting. Enjoy!
** For butter cream & mascarpone cheese icing recipe please click ATBP.