Aling Oday’s no bake Chocolate Cake Flan cake is a combination of chocolate cake and leche flan. The cake is dense, rich chocolate cake stacked with creamy vanilla flan and caramel syrup. Perfect for special occasion like Christmas and parties.
- Grease a 10 inch bundt pan really well with non stick spray and place it in a large steamer pan, set aside. Pre-heat water in steamer pot.
- Transfer the water, sugar and about 1/2 tsp. Yellow food colour in a sauce pan. Simmer on medium heat for 8 – 10 minutes until syrup consistency is achieved. Transfer the caramel sauce into the bottom of your greased bundt pan making sure to cover the bottom well.
- To make the cake batter, in a large bowl, whisk together all of your dry ingredients and make a well at the centre.
- Pour all the wet into the dry ingredients and mix well using a hand held electric mixer and set aside.
- In a bowl, add the evaporated milk, condensed milk, cream cheese eggs and vanilla. Mix it using a hand mixture or whisk or into a blender until you have a smooth mixture. Use a strainer to transfer the egg mixture into the prepared bundt pan. Set aside.
- Add the cake batter on top of the caramel, smooth the top so its nice and even.
- Steam for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hour on low heat, look to see that the top of the cake is firm. Or do a stick test.
- Allow to cool for about an hour, invert it onto a platter and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Europe
Keywords: no bake chocolate cake flan, chocolate flan