Nutella Oreo Cheese Cake
1/3 cup melted butter
500g Cream Cheese
2 cups whipping cream
2 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoon Vanilla
2/3 cup Nutella Ganarch (Optional)
2/3 cup Nutella
4-5 tbsp. warm Double cream
1. Prepare a 9 inch springform baking tray. Remove the creams of the Oreos. Crash the Oreos using food processor then add the melted butter. Mix it well.
2. Transfer the oreos into the pan. Spread it evenly then press it well. Leave it in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
3. Transfer the cream cheese and lemon juice in a bowl then mix it well using an electric mixer until it soften.
4. Add whipping cream and cornstarch continue to beat till the batter is thick. You add the creams from oreos but this is entirely up to you. Add sugar and continue to beat until the batter is stiff.
5. Divide the batter into 2.
6. Transfer the 1st portion into the chilled oreo crust. Smoothen and level it well using an off-set spatula. Leave in the fridge or freezer till it firms up for about 30 minutes.
7. Add Nutella into the 2nd portion and mix it well.
8. Transfer the nutella mixture on top of the chilled cheesecake. Flatten it using an offset spatula. Leave it in the freezer to firm up quickly for an hour then after an hour transfer in the fridge to firm it up completely for a minimum of 4 hours. Best to leave it overnight.
9. Once chilled, remove from the spring form pan ready to slice. Enjoy!
For the optional Ganarch, warm up the double cream in a microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute then add it into the Nutella. Mix it well until the Nutella is more liquidy. Pour on top of the cheesecake then leave it in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes before serving.