No Bake Tiramisu Cake
30 Ready-made Lady Fingers (not the sponge type)
8 tbsp. caster sugar or granulated sugar
250g Mascarpone cheese or soft cheese
2 cups Double cream or heavy cream
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups cold strong black coffee
2 tbsp. rum (optional)
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1. In a large bowl combine sugar and double cream or heavy cream and whip it on high speed until soft peak forms.
2. Add the the mascarpone or soft cheese and vanilla. Continue to whip on medium speed till peak stage forms and make sure not to over mix it otherwise it will become lumpy. Leave it in the fridge for at least 1/2 to 1 hour to cool down.
3. To assemble, in a large bowl mix together the coffee and rum (optional) and set aside, also have ready the cocoa powder and ladyfingers.
4. Prepare a 9 x 9 square baking pan ready to start assembling. Dip each ladyfinger into the coffee mixture and lay in the bottom of your pan. Once the whole bottom of the pan is filled with the soaked ladyfingers ready, pour over half of the mascarpone and cream mixture, spread evenly over ladyfingers and sprinkle the top with 1/2 portion of cocoa powder.
5. Arrange the remaining coffee soaked ladyfingers on top for the second layer and spread over the remaining filling. Sprinkle with the remaining portion of cocoa powder.
6. Cover and chill for a minimum of 4 hours but best to leave it in the fridge for 24 hours before serving. Enjoy!