8 Large eggs
2 cups cake flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar (1 cup for egg white and 1 cup for egg yolk)
3/4 cup Evaporated milk
3/4 cup cooking oil
1 tsp. cream of tartar
2 1/2 cup powdered milk
1 can condensed milk
125g unsalted butter, softened
1 – 1 1/2 cups Evaporated Milk
1/2 cup Icing sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla (optional)
1) Prepare 2 x 9 inch round pan. Pre-heat the oven to 350F/175C
2) Combine egg yolks and 1 portion of sugar. Mix well using a hand mixer till light yellow in color and fluffy.
3) Add oil and evaporated milk then mix it well.
4) Sift all the dry ingredients into the mixture to make a batter. Then set aside.
5) Beat egg white till foamy then add cream of tartar and 1 cup of sugar gradually mix well until soft peaks.
6) Add 1 portion of egg whites into the batter then fold it in. Do this in 3 portions. Fold it well but not to over mix it.
7) Transfer in 2 baking pans divide it equally and bake it for 30-40 min. or till the test comes out clean.
8) Transfer to wire rack to cool down completely.
9) For the pastillas icing, mix all ingredients together until smooth and lump free.
10) Spread the pastillas frosting on top of the 1st cake the place the other one on top of the frosted cake like a sandwich. The spread the rest of the icing on top and around the cake. Ready to serve.
**Pastillas icing hardens quickly, add more evaporated milk until it is spreadable. Spread it quickly.