Ube Angel Wings Cupcake
175g Butter, at room temperature
175g Caster sugar
3 large Eggs
250g Self-raising flour
1 tbsp. Ube flavouring
2-3 tbsp. Milk
1/2 cup Butter
2 – 3 tbsp. Icing sugar
2 – 3 tbsp. Powdered skimmed milk
1/2 tbsp. Ube Flavouring
Icing Sugar for dusting
1) Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Prepare cupcake tray with casing.
2) Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating the mixture well between each one and adding a tablespoon of the flour with the last egg to prevent the mixture curdling.
3) Sift the flour and gently fold in, with enough milk to give a mixture that falls slowly from the spoon. Fold in the ube flavouring.
4) Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and lightly level the top. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
5) Remove from the oven and set aside to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn it out on to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
6) For the filling, cream the butter and icing sugar then add powdered milk and vanilla. Mix it well until smooth and lump free.
7) Once the cupcake has cooled down, using a small knife, cut a deep round from top of each cupcake. Cut rounds in half to make wings. Spoon frosting into a piping bag and pipe on top of cupcakes. Arrange wings on top and dust with icing sugar to serve.