Pinoy Style Lasagna
500g ground Beef
500g Lasagna sheets, cooked
1 cup Ham, sliced
1 large Onion, chopped
5 – 6 cloves Garlic, minced
2 cups Tomato Sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
3 tbsp. Butter
1/2 cup Condensed milk (optional if you want it sweet style)
1 tbsp. Mixed herbs (optional)
1/4 cup Butter
1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
3 cups Milk
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1) Cook the lasagna sheets according to the packaging instructions. Set aside.
2) Pre-heat pan and add the butter to dissolve. Sauté garlic and onion and then add the mince beef. Cook till juice comes out of beef.
3) Add the ham slices and bolognese or tomato sauce. Let it simmer till the sauce thickens.
4) Season with salt and pepper. Add mixed herbs, condensed milk (optional) and grated cheese. Turn off the heat when the sauce is thick enough. Set aside.
5) Dissolve 1/4 cup butter in a sauce pan and add the flour, whisk continuously to dissolve the flour, this process is called Roux (silent x).
6) When the flour and butter is thoroughly mixed, slowly add 1 cup of milk while whisking continuously. When the flour is totally dissolved, add the remaining milk and whisk continuously on a low heat.
7) The the mixture starts to boil, add the grated cheese. The sauce will thickens quickly as the cheese melts. Turn off the heat. Set aside.
Pre-heat oven to 350F/180C. Spread butter in an oven proof dish then place 1st layer of sauce. Spread lasagna sheets evenly on top. Then spread the cheese sauce on top and sprinkle grated cheese. Continue to the 2nd layer, bolognese sauce first, lasagna sheets, cheese sauce and grated cheese.
Bake in a pre-heated oven 375F for 30-45 min. depending on how you like the doneness of your lasagna.
Best served with garlic bread. Enjoy!