Almondigas with Misua
500g Ground Pork
1 1/2 Onion, finely chopped
7 – 8 cloves Garlic, minced
1/4 cup Shrimp, minced
100g fresh Shrimp or Hibe (dried shrimp)
Salt and pepper to taste
3 – 4 pcs. Misua
1 pc. Patola or 2 pcs. Zucchini/Courgette, sliced
5 – 6 cups Broth ( Pork or Shrimp) or Water
1 pc. Knorr cube (Pork or Shrimp), optional
Fish Sauce to taste (optional)
Oil for sautéing
1) In a mixing bowl, combine ground pork, minced shrimp, 1/2 portion of onion, 1/2 portion garlic and season with salt and pepper. Mix it well until the misture is well incorporated. Scoop about 1 tbsp. of meat mixture and roll it in between your palms to form a meat ball. Set aside.
2) Pre-heat oil in a pan. Sauté onion and garlic till soft. Add fresh shrimp or hibe and continue sautéing for a minute.
3) Add stock (if you are using water, add shrimp or pork cube). Season with salt and pepper adjust according to your taste. You can also add fish sauce if needed. Let it simmer until it boils.
4) When the soup is boiling, add meat balls and simmer again on a low heat for about 10-15 minutes.
5) Once the meat balls are cooked, add patola or zucchini/courgette. Simmer again for about 2 minutes.
6) Once the patola or zucchini/courgette is cooked, add misua and mix it well. Simmer for a minute. Misua will cook fast. Ready to serve.**Once the soup cools down, the misua will absorb the soup. You can add more stock or water before re-heating.