1kg pork belly, sliced
1/2 cup bagoong alamang (fresh)
1 onion, sliced
2 tomato, sliced
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 – 1 cup water
salt & pepper to taste
oil for sautéing
chilli pepper (optional)
1-2 pcs. talong, sliced (optional)
1. Pre-heat a pan with a few drops of oil. Sauté garlic, onion and tomato till tender.
2. Add pork belly and continue to sauté till golden brown.
3. Add bagoong alamang, a bit of water, pork cube and pepper. Cover the pan and simmer it for 30-45 minutes on a medium heat till the pork is tender. Stir occasionally.
4. Adjust the taste if you still need to add salt.
5. Once the pork is tender, add chili pepper and talong. Cover it again and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes till the talong is cooked.
6. Remove from the heat and best serve with rice. Enjoy!