1 pack Bopis mix or 1/2 kg pork lungs &1/2 kg pork heart
2 1/2 cup of radish
1 large bell pepper
1 medium size onion
3 medium size tomato
1/2 cup vinegar
2 tbsp annatto powder (dissolved in 2 tbsp. oil)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp paprika (optional)
2 pcs bay leaf
salt or fish sauce (patis) and pepper to taste
beef or pork cubes
water or broth from heart & lungs
chilli powder or fresh sili labuyo (optional)
- Defrost the frozen bopis mix. If you are using fresh pork heart and lungs, boil for 35-45 minutes or until tender.
- Cut pork heart lungs into small cube, must be the same cut for raddish.
- Heat oil and saute garlic, onion and tomato. Add pork lungs and heart, continue sautéing. Add pepper and annatto powder dissolved in oil.
- Add vinegar (do not stir till it boils). Lower heat to low until vinegar is cooked ( taste sauce if vinegar is cooked).
- Add labanos and red bell pepper.
Season with salt or patis according to your taste.7. Add the broth, cover and simmer until desired amount of sauce. Add chilli powder or sili labuyo if you want it spicy. Enjoy!