Crispy Pork Belly with Sweet Chili Sauce
- Slice the pork belly to 1 – 1 1/2 in. in size. Season the pork belly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add potato starch and egg whites. Mix it well to coat the pork.
- Deep fry the pork till golden brown for about 7 – 10 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and drain the excess oil.
- Double fry the pork for another 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain the excess oil. Set aside.
- For the sauce: melt the butter in a sauce pan. Add the tomato ketchup, sugar and pepper flakes. Continue to simmer till the sugar is dissolve. Turn off the heat.
- Transfer the fried pork belly into the sauce. Coat the pork well with the sauce. Transfer in a serving plate and serve with rice. Enjoy!