Crispy Pata Tim
1 whole pata (pork leg)
3 star anis
8 freshly squeezed calamansi or 2 freshly squeezed lemon
1-2 tsp Ground pepper
2 tbsp. Oyster sauce
1/2 cup Soy sauce
1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
2 to 3 cups water
1/4 cup flour dissolve in water
Oil for deep frying
1) Combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, worcestershire sauce, lemon/calamansi, ground pepper, water and star anis in a pressure cooker pan. Then add the pata. Seal the pressure cooker.
2) Cook for 1 1/2 hour on a low heat.
3) After 1 1/2 hour, remive the pata from the heat and transfer it in a plate. Let it cool down completely. Save the sauce for later.
4) Pre-heat oil in a pan for deep frying once the pata is completely cooled down. Fry on a high heat and cover the pan to avoid burning yourself from the oil. Cook the pata for about 5 minutes on one side then turn it over and cook again for another 5 minutes or until it’s crispy. Once crispy, remove from the heat and set aside.
5) In a separate pan, combine the sauce and mushroom and let it simmer till the mushroom is cooked. Check the taste of the sauce. You may add more soy sauce if needed or add water if it is salty for your taste. Adjust according to your taste. Slowly add the dissolved flour mixture until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat.
6) Pour the sauce on the crispy pata. Ready to serve. Enjoy!