Donya Aurora is meat filled fried eggs. This recipe was named after Philippines’ 1st president – Pres. Manuel Quezon. This is a popular dish from Quezon province that I learned from my good friend Ruvic Rea from Tayabas, Quezon
12 eggs, boiled cut into halves
200g. mince pork
1/3 cup chopped raisins
1/3 cup chopped bell pepper
medium size onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 egg, beaten
salt & pepper to taste
Cooking oil for frying
- Saute garlic and onion in a pan. Add the mince pork and cook it well till golden brown.
- Add the raisins, bell pepper and season with salt and pepper according to your taste. Mix it well till the raisin & pepper is cooked. Set aside and let it cool down completely.
- In a bowl, remove all the egg yolk and mash it using fork. Add the mashed egg yolk to the mince pork mixture. Mix well.
- Put the mixture in the hole of the egg white and packed it well. Continue the procedure until all egg whites are packed.
- Dip the packed egg white in a beaten egg then fry it till golden brown.
- Place the fried egg in a plate with paper towel to absorb the excess oil before serving.
Enjoy your Donya Aurora!
Trivia: Donya Aurora was named after the wife of former Philippines 1st president Manuel L. Quezon. Donya Aurora is a native dish from Quezon province.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Filipino
Keywords: donya aurora, stuffed eggs