Filipino Style Picadiillo
1 cup carrots, sliced into cubes
2-3 cups beef or pork stock or water
1 pork or beef bullion
1 red bell pepper, sliced into small squares
2 bay leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for sautéing
- Pre-heat oil in a pan. Saute garlic and onion then add tomatoes till soft and tender.
- Add mince pork and continue to saute for 3-4 minutes then add the mince beef. Continue rendering till the meat is golden brown.
- Add the soy sauce, stock (or water) and the bullion. Season with salt and pepper. Cover it and let it simmer on a medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots and bay leaves. Cover and let it simmer for another 10 minutes on a medium heat.
- Lastly, add the bell pepper and continue to simmer for another 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and ready to serve. Enjoy!