1-2 tsp. Atchuete powder
1/4 cup Soy sauce
1/4 cup Garbansos or green peas
3/4 to 1 cup Water
1 big Carrot, sliced into strips
1 Bell pepper, sliced into strips
3-4 pcs. Bay leaves
1 Onion, sliced
5-6 cloves Garlic, minced
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tsp. Ginger (optional)
Oil for sautéing
1) Pre-heat pan with oil. Sauté garlic and onion till tender.
2) Add pork, liver and bay leaves continue cooking till brown. Add minced ginger or ginger slices (optional).
3) Add atchuete powder, soy sauce, garbansos or green peas and water. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer on a low heat till the meat is tender and the sauce has reduced.
4) Once the meat is tender, add carrot and bell pepper. Continue to cook until the carrot is ready.
5) Transfer in a platter and ready to serve. Enjoy!** you can also add potato sliced into strips and pork heart