1 kg mince pork
1/2 cup prawns, chopped
1/2c spring onion, chopped
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup chopped onion
salt & pepper to taste
2 tbsp. mince garlic
6 tbsp.soy sauce
2 tbsp.oyster sauce
3 tbsp. brown sugar
1 /2 cup flour
3 tsp chinese five spice
1 cup chest nut chopped
5-6 dried tofu sheet
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 T cornstarch and 3 T water mix to make a paste (to be used to seal the roll)
1) Mix all the 1st 13 ingredients together.
- Take a small piece of the meat mixture and fry to taste the seasoning.Adjust seasoning if necessary. Set aside.
- Rehydrate the tofu skin by soaking them in luke warm water for few seconds or until pliable. Pat dry with kitchen towel or paper towel.
- Put at least 2 T of the meat mixture at the bottom centre of the tofu skin.Spread the meat and roll tightly to form into a log. Seal ends of the tofu skin w/ the cornstarch paste.
- Repeat the process until you have used all the meat.
- Heat cooking oil in a wok or skillet until hot. Slowly drop the roll, about 3 rolls at a time to achieve crispy kikiam. Overcrowded skillet will turn your kikiam soggy.
- Turn down heat and keep cooking, turning the rolls until crispy and brown.
- Place cooked rolls on a cookie rack to drain out grease.
- Cut on a bias and serve with sweet and sour sauce or soy sauce and lemon juice mix or sweet and chilli sauce or whatever dips/sauce you prefer.Best serve with steamed Jasmine rice!