1 kg lechon or lechon kawali
6 cloves garlic, mince
1 medium size onion
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup pork broth or water
1 1/2 cup lechon sauce
3-4 bay leaves
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 can liver spread
salt and pepper to taste
1 pork cube (optional if you are using water)
oil for sautéing
1. Heat up a pan with oil. Sauté garlic and onion till tender. Add the lechon and sauté it well.
2. Add pork broth or water and cider vinegar and bring to boil. Do not stir until it boils and the vinegar is cooked.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients, mix it well. Season according to your taste. Cover it and let it simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
4. Check the sauce according to your desired thickness. You may add more breadcrumbs if you prefer a thicker sauce.
5. Best serve with rice. Enjoy!