Aling Oday’s Pancit Molo is one of our family’s well-loved dish that was passed on for 4 generations now. It is quick and easy recipe for special occasion like Christmas etc. Pancit Molo or Filipino pork dumpling soup is a type of soup using wonton wrappers which originated from Molo district in Iloilo City. It consists of a mixture of ground pork wrapped in molo or wonton wrapper, shredded chicken meat, and also shrimps.
500g mince pork
1/2 of whole chicken, boiled & shredded
3/4 cup shrimps, finely chopped
3/4 cup onion, finely chopped + 1 extra for the soup
1 tbsp mince garlic for the meat
1 –1/2 pack wonton wrapper (depending on the size of the molo)
1 chicken cubes
1/4 cup of spring onion, sliced
1/2 cup grated cheese
chicken broth + onion & 4-5 whole cloves of garlic
salt & pepper to taste
1 tsp whole pepper (soup)
- Place the mince pork in a bowl then add the shrimp, onions and season with salt & pepper to taste. Mix well, it will be easier to mix it with clean hands.
- Boil the chicken broth and add chopped onions, whole garlic (with the skin still on), and chicken cubes. Let it simmer on a low heat hile waiting for the molo.
- Get 1 Molo wrapper then place 1 tsp of meat mixture then seal it. To form a ball by rolling/twitching the end of it . Continue the procedure till all meat mixture is done.
- When the broth is ready, place all meatballs in the pan. Let it simmer for 15-20 min. Stir occasionally.
- Add grated cheese & spring onion. Season with salt to taste. Let it simmer for another 5 min. then turn off the heat and serve.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Filipino
Keywords: molo soup, wonton soup