Chicken Pork Adobo
1/2 kg. chicken portions
1/2 kg. pork belly
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce (or less adjust according to your taste)
2-2 1/2 cups water
2 tbsp. brown sugar (optional)
1/2 tsp. pepper
2-3 bay leaves
8 cloves garlic, crushed
Oil for sautéing
- In a heated pan with a few drops of oil, sauté the garlic well
- Sauté the pork well then the chicken.
- Pour water, soy sauce, vinegar, pepper and bay leaves.
- Simmer for 30-45 minutes on a low heat till the meat is tender.
- After simmering, add sugar (optional) and adjust the taste according to what you prefer.
- Continue to simmer till the sauce thickens.
- Best serve with boiled rice. Enjoy!