Chicken and Pork Pochero
1/2 kg. Pork Belly
1/2 kg. Chicken portions
4 pcs. ripe Saba or Plantain banana
1 pc. Onion, chopped
5 – 6 cloves Garlic, minced
2 pcs. Tomatoes, sliced
1 big can Baked Beans
1 pc. Chicken cube (optional)
4 cups Water
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 Cabbage, sliced into 22 pcs.
Green Beans (Bichuelas)
Oil for sautéing
1) Pre-heat oil in a pan and sauté garlic, onion and tomatoes till soft.
2) Add pork and chicken and stir fry well.
3) Add water, chicken cube and baked beans. Mix well and simmer for 30-45 minutes on medium heat depending how tender you like your meat to be.
4) When the meat is tender, season with salt and pepper according to your taste. Then add the banana and cabbage. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5) Add vegetables and simmer again for 2 minutes. Best serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!