Spareribs with BBQ Sauce. It is quick and easy to cook, and it is packed with flavour of homemade BBQ Sauce. Best serve with rice or with salad.
1 kg. Baby Back Ribs
1 cup Coke
1 tbsp. Garlic, minced
1/4 cup Tomato Ketchup
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
1 tbsp. Sugar
2 pcs. Bay Leaves
1 pc. Cinnamon Bark (optional)
Salt and Peppercorn to taste
1/2 tbsp. Corn Starch dissolved in 1 tbsp. Water
- Remove the membrane from the baby back ribs. Cut the ribs individually.
- Transfer in a pan with water. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add bay leaves and peppercorn. Boil for 30 minutes or until the meat is tender. Remove the ribs and set aside.
- For the bbq sauce: combine coke, ketchup, garlic, soy sauce and sugar in a sauce pan. Simmer till it boils. Add corn starch slurry till the sauce thickens. Set aside.
- There are 2 options for the ribs. First option is to grill the ribs at 200C for 15 minutes. Second option is to pre-heat pan with oil and stir-fry the ribs till brown in colour.
- Add the sauce on cooked ribs and ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Filipino
Keywords: spareribs barbecue