Spicy Pork Stir Fry
500g Pork Loin, thinly sliced into strips
4 – 5 cloves Garlic, crushed
2 tsp. Star Anis powder
2 tbsp. Soy SauceSpring Onion for garnishing
2 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
1 tbsp. Soy sauce
1/2 tsp. Chilli sauce
1/2 cup Water
2 tsp. Corn Starch dissolved in 4 tsp. Water
1) Place the thinly cut pork in a bowl. Combine garlic, star anis powder and soy sauce in a separate small bowl and pour it over the pork to coat the pork evenly. Leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
2) Pre-heat oil in a wok. Add the spring onion and stir fry for 1 – 2 minutes. Remove from the wok and set aside.
3) Heat the remaining oil in the wok. Add the pork together with the marinade and stir fry for 3 – 4 minutes until the pork is brown and tender.
4) Return the stir fried spring onion to the wok and stir in the remaining soy sauce and add the ingredients for the sauce except for the corn starch slurry. Bring it to boil.
5) Add the corn starch slurry it into the wok. Stir it well and bring it to boil until the sauce thickens. Transfer in a serving plate and ready to serve. Enjoy!