2-3 kg Pork leg/joint or shoulder
1 liter Pineapple juice
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
2-3 cups Water
3-4 Bay leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp. Cornstarch dissolve in 4 tbsp. Water to thicken the sauce
1) In a big pan, combine pineapple juice, sugar, water, salt and pepper. Mix it well. Adjust the sweetness and saltiness according to your taste.
2) Then transfer the pork leg/joint into the pan. Simmer it for 1 to 1 1/2 hour depending on the weight of the meat on a medium heat.
3) Halfway through simmering turn over the pork on the other side facing down. Continue simmering for another 30-60 minutes on a medium heat.
4) After 1 to 1 1/2 hour of simmering, remove from the heat. Transfer the meat in a roasting tray with rack.
5) Pre-heat oven to 175C/350F. Cook the meat for 1 hour. You can also use turbo broiler.
6) Use the juice used to simmer the pork. Continue to boil then add dissolved cornstarch while stirring continously until the sauce thickens. Set aside.
7) After 1 hour check the meat in the oven if golden brown and tender. Once the meat is tender, remove from the oven and let it cool down before transferring in a platter. Ready to serve with the sauce. Enjoy!