1kg mince pork
250g pork fats, sliced into small pieces
1 tbsp. paprika (optional)
3/4 tbsp. ground pepper
2-3 tbsp. mince garlic
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup brown sugar
1. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix it well until well blended.
2. Refrigerate the mixture for at least 2 hours.
3. Using a cast iron sausage maker, insert a few sausage casing into the heads of the funnel. Fill casing with mixture, do it in batches e.g. 1/2 yard per batch to ease when tying it.
4. Twist and tie the ends about 2-3 inches long of casing using a kitchen cord using a simple knot. Make sure the longanisa is not too firm to avoid bursting when cooking. Usually 1/2 yard can make 8 (2 inches long) longanisa. Place the longanisa in a container and leave it in the freezer for at least 24 hours before cooking.
5. To cook, place your desired amount of longanisa in a skillet. Add 1/2-1 cup of water and let it simmer till the water is fully absorbed.
6. Add oil and continue frying till well cooked.7. Best serve with fried rice and fried egg for breakfast. Enjoy!