500g pork belly, cut into strips
300g pork liver, cut into strips
150g ginger, cut into strips
1 onion, chopped
6-7 cloves garlic, mince
salt & pepper to taste
8 to 10 cups pork broth or water
500g sotanghon noodles
250g pork crakling (chicharon)
2 tbsp. oil
1. Pre-heat a big pan without oil. Transfer the pork and cook it without oil until brown.
2. Add ginger and continue cooking. Make sure to mix it most of the time so it will not stick in a pan.
3. When you can smell the aroma of ginger from cooking, add onion ang continue to cook until the onion is soft. Add liver and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
4. Then add the garlic. Continue cooking till the garlic is brown.
5. Add salt, pepper and soy sauce. Continue cooking till the meat is dry.
6. Soak the sotanghon noodle ina bowl with water. Once soft, cut it to shorthen the noodle. Drain water and set aside.
7. Add the water and simmer it for 5 minutes. Check the taste.
8. After 5 minutes of simiring, add the noodles. Stir it well.
9. And lastly, add the pork crackling (chicharon). Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes.
10. Transfer in a bowl then ready to serve. Enjoy!