1 kg thinly sliced pork
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. prague powder (optional)
1/4 tsp. red food colouring (optional)
500g. Ascorbic acid, crushed
2 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
1) In a sauce pan, combine all the ingredients except for the pork and let it simmer till syrup consistency. Let it cool down completely and set aside.
2) Add the mixture to the pork and mix it well. Place in a tupperware and seal. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours to marinate. Mix occasionally while marinating within the 24 hours.
3) After marinating for 24 hours, place the pork in a frying pan and add water and cook till the meat is tender and till the water is fully absorbed.
4) Add cooking oil and continue frying in a low heat until the meat is cooked completely. You can add garlic while frying just to have a garlic flavour but it’s entirely optional.
5) Cut in small bite sizes and ready to serve. Best serve with garlic fried rice and fried egg for breakfast…TOCILOG!