Aling Oday’s quick and easy Binagoongang Tilapia with Gata. This Binagoongan Tilapia with Gata is cooked in shrimp paste and coconut milk, is loaded with flavour. Bagoong, or shrimp paste, is a Filipino favourite that adds lots of savoury to any dish.
- Clean the tilapia. Slice lightly in the middle. Season with salt. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Fry tilapia till golden brown and crunchy. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oil in a pan. Sauté onion and ginger till soft. Add garlic and continue sautéing till the aroma of garlic comes out.
- Add 1 1/2 cups kakang gata (cream coconut), 2 tbsp. bagoong alamang, add siling haba and season with pepper to taste. Simmer till the sauce thickens.
- Once the sauce is thick, add bell pepper and talong (optional). Continue to simmer on low heat till the talong is cooked.
- Add the fried tilapia and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and transfer in a platter ready for serving. Perfect with rice. Enjoy!
- Category: Main
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: Filipino
Keywords: binagoongang tilapia with gata, binagoongang isda with gata