2 x fish (maya-maya, galunggong, mackerel)
oil for frying
4-5 cloves garlic, mince
1 1/2 inches root ginger sliced into strips
1/2 cup onion, sliced
1 cup bell pepper sliced into strips
1 medium size carrots, sliced
2 cups water
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 4 tbsp. water
1 tsp. pepper
2 tbsp. ketchup (optional)
1. Season the fish with salt and fry it till cooked. Set aside.
2. In a heated pan, pour a few tbsp. of oil. Sauté garlic, onion and ginger.
3. Add carrots and continue to fry according to your desired tenderness.
4. Add the water, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, pepper and ketchup (optional) and bring to boil.
5. Add the bell pepper and cook, do not over cook it.
6. Pour the dissolved cornstarch slowly while stirring continuously according to your desired thickness. (you may not need to put all the cornstarch). remove from heat and set aside.
7. Place the fried fish in a plate and pour the sauce on top. Best served with rice. Enjoy!