500 g white fish fillets, steamed and shredded
3/4 cup water
1/2 Medium onion, finely chopped
1 cup grated carrots
1/4 chopped coriander or parsley
1 cup flour
1/2 cup corn starch or corn flour
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/4 cup finely chopped onion (optional)
250 ml vegetable oil for frying
1. Clean fish fillets well, making sure to remove any remaining fish bones.
2. Mash fillets and mix onions, carrots, coriander or parsley, flour, corn flour and water.
3. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste and mix thoroughly to form a smooth batter. Leave it in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
4. Shape the batter into small balls using two teaspoons.
5. Heat the oil in a wok. Place the balls in one by one, making sure each ball is completely submerged in the oil for even cooking. You may have to cook the balls in batches.
6. Cook until fish balls are lightly browned.
7. Remove from heat and drain on paper towels.
8. Skewer 2 fish balls onto each toothpick, if desired.Serve with Sweet and Sour sauce or any kinds of dipping sauce of your choice