Fish Lumpia is a version of Lumpiang Shanghai or deep fried egg rolls wherein fish flakes as used as a filling instead of ground pork. The fish needed to be steamed and flaked. With onion, garlic, carrot, and coriander before wrapping for best results.
- Steam the tilapia fillet for 10 – 15 minutes. Drain the water and transfer in a strainer. You can transfer the steamed fish in a clean dish cloth and squeeze the remaining water.
- Add the first 5 ingredients together in a bowl.
- Season salt and pepper according to you taste. To test the taste, just fry a little bit of the mixture, then you can adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Cut the spring roll wrapper into 4. Scoop about 1 tbsp. of the mixture and place it on top of the 1/4 spring roll wrapper diagonally. Roll the wrapper and seal the edge with beaten egg or water. Continue the procedure till all the mixture is wrapped.
- Pre-heat oil in a pan and deep fry till golden brown.
- Best serve with soy sauce and lemon for dipping. Enjoy!
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Filipino
Keywords: fish lumpia, fish, lumpia