5-6 pcs. Big Squid
500g minced Pork
1 Carrot, grated
1/2 Bell pepper, finely chopped
1/4 cup Raisins, chopped
2 tbsp. Sweet pickle relish
1 Onion, finely chopped
5-6 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 cup Soy sauce
1 Lemon or 5-6pc Calamansi
Salt and pepper to taste
4 tbsp. Flour
Oil for sauteing
1) Marinate squid in soy sauce and lemon/calamansi for a minimum of 30 minutes.
2) Pre-heat a pan with oil. Sauté garlic and onion till soft. Add minced pork and continue rendering the meat till golden brown.
3) Add raisins, bell pepper, grated carrot and pickles. Season with salt and pepper adjust according to your taste.
4) Remove from the heat and let it cool down completely.
5) Beat eggs and add in cooled meat stuffing.
6) Insert the filling in squid and secure the end with a cocktail stick. Place it in a oven proof dish.
7) Pre-heat oven to 350F/175C. Bake the squid for 30-45 minutes. You also fry or pan grill the squid. For frying, dust it first in flour before frying. Pan grill for 30 minutes, turning the squid once in awhile.
8) Transfer in a platter and slice the squid ready to serve. Best serve with sweet and chilli sauce. Enjoy!