Relyenong pusit or Stuffed Squid is one of the easiest dish to make. Best serve with sweet and chilli sauce.
- Marinate squid in soy sauce and lemon/calamansi for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat a pan with oil. Sauté garlic and onion till soft. Add minced pork and continue rendering the meat till golden brown.
- Add raisins, bell pepper, grated carrot and pickles. Season with salt and pepper adjust according to your taste.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool down completely.
- Beat egg and add in cooled meat stuffing. Add flour and mix it well.
- Insert the filling in squid and secure the end with a cocktail stick. Place it in a oven proof dish.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F/175C. Bake the squid for 30-45 minutes. You also fry or pan grill the squid. For frying, dust it first in flour before frying. Pan grill for 30 minutes, turning the squid once in awhile.
- Transfer in a platter and slice the squid ready to serve. Best serve with sweet and chilli sauce. Enjoy!
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Filipino
Keywords: relyenong pusit, relyeno