250g crabs, cut into 2
1 onion, chopped
5-6 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 – 3/4 cup roasted glutinous rice flour
5-6 cups water
oil for sautéing
1/2 tbsp. anatto seed powder dissolved in 1/2 tbsp. oil
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
shrimp cube (optional)bagoong alamang (gisado) for garnishing
1. Pre-heat a pan with oil. Sauté garlic and onion till soft/tender.
2. Add the calamares/squid till tender. Pour in water and let it boil.
3. Once water is boiling, add peanut butter and mix it well till the peanut butter is dissolved. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste, if you have shrimp cube, you can add it now and of course the anatto seed powder dissolved in oil.
4. Dissolve the roasted glutinous flour with water, the add it to the kare-kare. Make sure to stir the kare-kare while adding the dissolved glutinous flour. Adjust the thickness according to your desired thickness.
5. Add all other seafoods and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
6. In a separate heated pan with oil, sauté garlic and onion till soft. Then stir fry the vegetables till cooked. Do not over-cook it.
7. Serve the seafood kare-kare in a serving dish and add the stir-fried vegetables as topping. Best serve with bagoong alamang on the side. Enjoy!