5-6 cups boiled paella rice (or long grain rice)
300g tahong (mussel)
300g calamares, sliced
1 big onion, chopped
5-6 cloves garlic, minced
1 green bell pepper cut into small squares
1- 1 1/4 cup tomato sauce
1 cup mixed vegetables (green peas, carrots) – OPTIONAL
Magic sarap (OPTIONAL)
salt & pepper to taste
1/3-1/2 cup Olive oil or vegetable oil
Spring onion, chopped for garnishing
1. Heat up a paella pan/skillet pan with olive oil.
2. Sauté the garlic and onion till soft. Then add the calamares, cook till tender.
3. Once the calamares is tender, add prawns, tahong and tomato sauce. Season with magic sarap, salt & pepper according to your taste. Let it simmer for 2 minutes.
4. After simmering, add mixed vegetables and green bell pepper. Simmer for a minute or two. Then add the loosen boiled paella rice/long grain rice.
5. Mix continuously for at least 5 minutes, check the taste if you need to add some more salt. Once the rice has loosen up, turn off the heat.
6. Serve in a platter or in the paella pan itself and garnish with spring onion. Enjoy!