750g tiger prawns
1/2 cup plain flour + 1/4 cup for dreanching
1/2 cup corn starch/corn flour
1 -1 1/2 tsp. salt according to your taste
1 cup ice cold water (better if it is sparkling water)
Panko bread crumbs
oil for frying
1. Clean and peel the prawns. Remove the head and shell but leave the tails on.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the plain flour, corn starch/corn flour and salt. Mix well.
3. Add iced cold water and mix well using a wire whisk till the batter is smooth.
4. Heat up the oil in a pan and prepare the prawns. Drench the prawn in plain flour then dip it in the batter then into the panko bread crumbs.place into the heated oil and fry till golden brown.
5. Once cooked, place it in a plate with paper towel to drain the excess oil. Best serve with sweet & chilli sauce. Enjoy!